GARDEN LIFE WEBINARS
The 2023 Garden Life Webinar Series from Garden Design is shaping up to be a doozy! These 10 "fireside chats" are informative—and a great time! See below for our lineup for the first half of 2023.
SUCCESSION PLANTING FOR A LONG SEASON
Saturday, February 18, 2023
We're excited to announce that registration is now open for our first webinar of 2023! Fergus Garrett, head gardener of Great Dixter, will be joining us on Saturday, February 18, at 12PM EST* to talk about:
- His tips and tricks for making your garden look better for longer with succession planting
- How plants can share the same space
- The importance of building a strong infrastructure with reliable, season-long plants—and how to add plants that come and go
- How biodiversity has increased at Great Dixter from spraying less and phasing out inorganic fertilizer
- How Great Dixter helps build tomorrow's head gardeners—what it takes to be a good teacher, and a good student
Fergus' gardening techniques and planting suggestions can be applied no matter where you garden!
Get your ticket now! Space is limited and we expect this event to sell out!REGISTER NOW
Learn more about Fergus below.
*Unable to join us at that time? All those who are registered will receive a follow-up email that includes access to view a recorded version along with any updated notes from the webinar.
HOW OUR WEBINARS ARE DIFFERENT (& BETTER!)
Our fireside chat format is different from other webinars in that we have the opportunity to interject questions and have conversations about the topics. In addition to your virtual front-row seat with well-known gardening experts, you'll get:
- The ability to submit your questions and comments in the Q&A
- Show notes emailed to you the day before so you can print them out and jot down your own notes in the margins
- After the event, you'll receive a follow-up email with updated show notes and a link to the webinar recording, along with a wrap-up of ideas and comments submitted by attendees. We call this the "wisdom of the crowd"—and these crowds are avid gardeners who always contribute great ideas. Click here for a sample follow-up newsletter from a past webinar.
- Registration fee of $20 for each webinar.
- Registration will close just before the session begins or when the "seats" are full.
- Each person will be given a unique login code that cannot be shared. Only one person/device will be allowed to enter the session with each login code.
OTHER SPEAKERS LINED UP TO START THE YEAR OFF:
FERGUS GARRETT, THE GREAT DIXTER
Fergus Garrett trained in horticulture at Wye College, London University. He began his career working in Kent at the English Gardening School, and then moved on to the Unusual Plants Nursery in Essex.
In 1992 he became head gardener at Great Dixter, working closely with Christopher Lloyd until Lloyd’s death in 2006. Currently the Chief Executive of the Great Dixter Charitable Trust, Fergus recently became a Royal Horticulture Society Victoria Medal of Honour Holder. This honor is awarded to British horticulturists resident in the United Kingdom whom the Royal Horticultural Society Council considers deserving of special honour by the Society. The Society's rules state that only sixty-three horticulturists can hold the VMH at any given time, in commemoration of the sixty-three years of Queen Victoria's reign.
We will never sell or distribute your email to any other parties or organizations.
This page will be updated as the schedule fills out and dates are confirmed.
See more online classes