The leading outdoor design magazine!
- Established in 1985
- Quarterly, ad-free, and “book-like”
- Rich garden photography, collector worthy
- Plant-rich, idea-filled gardens
- Local ideas: plants, furnishings, decor
- Plant, design, product, and travel advice
Enjoy this slideshow of the home and gardens of artists Roy Dowell and Lari Pittman. At their home in the foothills of Los Angeles, cacti and succulents flourish. We've included tips on how to care for these favored botanicals.
To read more about this garden and its owners, read A Waterwise Cactus Garden.
Paul Keyes, a member of our Garden Design Advisory Board and a landscape architect, writes about how a PBS documentary about Philip Johnson ended up serving as a lifelong inspiration for him in his work. (Above, Johnson's Glass House in New Canaan, Connecticut.)