Submit Your Garden
We love to see our readers’ gardens! Whether you're a designer who just finished an amazing project or a homeowner who takes great pride in their garden, we'd love to see it! Send an email to email@example.com with:
1. 5-6 photos of your garden. Attach photos to your email or send us a link to a photo sharing site such as Dropbox. Here are tips for submitting photos:
- You can send close-ups, but also send wide shots so we can see the overall garden.
- Provide photos from a variety of angles.
- We know gardens don’t always look picture perfect, but try to keep the less photogenic items (hoses, tools, etc.) out of the shots you send.
- Provide a caption for each photo you submit with information about which plant varieties were used and information about any other notable features.
2. A description of your garden. Below are some topics to get you started when writing your description. (Don’t worry, this isn’t a test, it just helps us gather background information!)
- Garden location (city, state, hardiness zone)
- Property size
- Garden style
- Unusual qualities that visitors comment on (rare plants used, unique location, etc.)
- How long it took to get it to its current state
- Challenges and how you addressed them
- What was most important to you when you started planning your garden (for example, did you have a philosophy or mission statement in mind? Did you want to emphasize flowers, vegetables, greenery, etc.?)
- Names of some of the plants you used
- How this garden reflects you
- Anything else you plan to do on the property
- Color palette description and how you decided on it
- Any additional information you’d like to share
We look forward to hearing from you, and will contact you for more information if your garden is selected to be featured on the site! You can see examples of some gardens that have been submitted in the past in our Regional Garden section.