That hint of lilac in the air is the signal to revisit your patio decor and make ready for nights warm enough to move soirees outdoors. The emphasis on color in recent seasons prompted an abundance of stylish furniture to hit the market, along with planters and tabletop accessories in hues from soft, springtime blues to neon yellow.
1. LaSalle Bistro Set This easy answer from Room Essentials is lightweight, rust-resistant, and squeezes into the corner of any terrace. Perfect for perching or snacking, it is made of sturdy, powder-coated steel mesh and comes in blue (shown), white, green, red, and yellow. ($99; Target, available in June)
2. West Elm Camille Pots Ideal for decorating a table with flowers or scent-bearing herbs, this imported earthenware vessel contrasts dark clay with glossy trim. ($69 for 14-inch, $34 for 10-inch; West Elm)
3. Stelton Fuego Firelight The Danish accessories company introduces this design by Sebastian Holdback and Ulrika Nordentoft. The mod, 9- by 9-inch iron, glass, and stainless-steel hurricane light is fueled by bio-ethanol, which gives a clean flame that adds spark to any outdoor celebration. ($219; Stelton USA)
4. Eva Solo Globe Grill Not your grandfather’s grill, this stainless-steel space-age shape has a sleekly integrated lid, chrome-plated rack, and built-in thermometer. ($595; Eva Solo)
5. French Bull Ziggy Plate Set From a company that has a way with cool, affordable melamine comes this dishware in a wide assortment of pop patterns, including zigzags, plaids, polka dots, and paisley. A 15.5-inch platter can augment sets of 8- or 11-inch plates. ($8 to $25; French Bull)