Worth its (considerable) weight in gold, the new Timber Press Encyclopedia of Flowering Shrubs is for garden planners who want their shrubs to do more than just act as backdrops or planting bed anchors. Jim Gardiner of England’s Royal Horticultural Society put together this compendium of 1,700 temperate-zone growers, providing crisp photographs of their blooms and assembling cultivation data like autumn color, soil needs, and pruning requirements in a wonderfully succinct 21-page table to help you purchase wisely.
The leading outdoor design magazine!
- Established in 1985
- Quarterly, ad-free, and “book-like”
- Rich garden photography, collector worthy
- Plant-rich, idea-filled gardens
- Local ideas: plants, furnishings, decor
- Plant, design, product, and travel advice