Wouldn't it be nice to enjoy a luxury vehicle without having to shell out for a Rolls-Royce? Your chariot awaits. JANUS et Cie's new garden wagon wraps everything we like about the California-based company into a single item. This chic riff on the Radio Flyer mixes nostalgia with rugged modern materials: marine plywood on an aluminum frame won't mind a little rain, while the synthetic fiber basket stands up to anything you transport, from plants to tools to groceries. Founded nearly 35 years ago, JANUS et Cie has stayed faithful to its tastefully understated West Coast aesthetic, even as it collaborates with artisans from around the world. Garden wagon with basket, $1,785. (800/245-2787)
The leading outdoor design magazine!
- Established in 1985
- Quarterly, ad-free, and “book-like”
- Rich garden photography, collector worthy
- Plant-rich, idea-filled gardens
- Local ideas: plants, furnishings, decor
- Plant, design, product, and travel advice