At the age of seventy-two, Mary Delany embarked on a series of one thousand botanical collages, or “paper mosaics," which were the crowning achievement of a life defined by creative accomplishment. She also created bold new garden designs and was an accomplished embroiderer who produced elaborate designs for dresses and furnishings. (Among her most extraordinary designs was a court dress embroidered with a cascade of naturalistic flowers on black satin, ca. 1739–40.)
The leading outdoor design magazine!
- Established in 1985
- Quarterly, ad-free, and “book-like”
- Rich garden photography, collector worthy
- Plant-rich, idea-filled gardens
- Local ideas: plants, furnishings, decor
- Plant, design, product, and travel advice