The leading outdoor design magazine!
- Established in 1985
- Quarterly, ad-free, and “book-like”
- Rich garden photography, collector worthy
- Plant-rich, idea-filled gardens
- Local ideas: plants, furnishings, decor
- Plant, design, product, and travel advice
My property is adjacent to a black walnut tree farm. The previous owner of my land allowed the fallen branches to be put inside the brush along my long driveway. Now I want to clean out the brush and there are large piles of these branches. Rather than pay to haul these away, can I chip these up and use the chips to keep the weeds down along the tree line? Or will they poison the trees and shrubs that I want to keep? Are the chips and shredded leaves poisonous to other plants?